Tuesday, April 8, 2008

UiTM/Ministry of Higher Education Approval

On Monday April 7, I received the leter of approval from UiTM Vice-Chancellor and the Ministry of Higher Education.
I immediately went to the China Embassy to apply for visa. BIG mistake. As the previous Friday was a public holiday for China (Qing Ming) and the embassy was closed. On Monday, it was jam-packed with people. I stood in the loooong meandering line for 3 hours before my turn came.
I was told the visa policy has changed: for "F" vissa that I'm applying for, they can only give me a maximum 30-day visa. I was told that I have to apply for extension at the Public Security Bureau at Suzhou for extension or fly to Hong Kong and re-enter from there.
On top of it, I produced IVT's faxed letter but they won't accept it as they will only accept the original now. Last 4 years they accepted the faxed letter from IVT.
By then I was too tired and I just settled for a 1-entry visa and face the consequences later.
There has been a lot of waiting! I have a final exam paper scheduled on 11 may. I've asked for it to be brought forward to April so that I can leave by 1 or 2 May. They have asked me to wait too...
I have yet to buy my ticket on account of this! The waiting game is trying...

No comments: