Tuesday, March 4, 2008

IVT Invitation Letter came!

Yes! The letter of invitation from IVT was faxed to the MassComm office on Friday after 6p.m. I had waited for it but I had left office after 4p.m. I immediately submitted it together with the leave application forms to both the PBSM/Training office and to the Chancellery office. Last year, there was the issue of having 60 days lead time to apply for overseas trip. Since I intend to go 1 May-30 June, I had better put int he application early. I will go and apply for visa later.

While talking to Puan Hafizah of PBSM, she told me she remembered my application for unrecorded leave was approved. But I told her it was not, and I took personal leave, although the VC approved my leave. I gave her a copy of VC's letter.

This year, the letter was in English, and it is written by Wilson Qian of the International Office. I do not need to translate it like past years.

The next hurdle is the exam dates. I hope my subjects are arranged early in the beginning of the exam period so that I can mark my papers and then go.

Vicky of IVT has agreed to look for an apartment for me to rent for 2 months. We've been having short chats on MSN.

No comments: